Complete solution for testing and certifying high-speed Fiber Networks
Fluke Networks offers the most complete line of Fiber Test Adapters for testing and certifying Single mode, Gigabit and Multimode fiber optic cabling systems. These Fiber Test Adapters are high-performance, high-productivity fiber test options for the DSP-4000, DSP-4100 and DSP-4300 Digital CableAnalyzers.
Choose the world's first dual-fiber, dual-wavelength Multimode Fiber Test Adapter to expand the capabilities of Fluke's Digital Cable Analyzers. It easily attaches to the Fluke DSP-4300, DSP-4100 and DSP-4000 testers for bi-directional testing of multimode links. Model DSP-FTA420S measures loss and length on multimode fiber links easily and accurately. It uses LED light sources at 850 and 1300 nm. Use this optional high-performance, high-productivity multimode test adapter to document certified test results. In addition, the timesaving FindFiber feature provided by the DSP-FTA420S enables users at both ends to make a quick check for and locate a signal from the other end. Valuable time spent searching for proper end-to-end connections is minimized.
- Test two fibers and two wavelengths simultaneously, automatically saving the test results.
- Perform bi-directional testing on both fibers under test and save results for both in one record.
- Utilize Fluke Networks' CableManager Software for comprehensive results management and report generation.
- Automatically measure length and propagation delay along with loss.
- Verify optical connectivity and determine which fibers go to which connectors at a patch panel.
- Communicate with a person on the other end of the fiber.
- Track the maximum and minimum power throughput of the test.
- Withstand drops and other mishaps that occur on the job.
Power supply: ±6 V supplied by the DSP-4000 test tool.
Temperature range: Operating: 0 ºC to +40 ºC; Storage: -10 ºC to +60 ºC
Warm-up time: 5 minutes
Humidity range: Operating: 0 % to 75 % RH, non-condensing
Storage: 0 % to 95 % RH, non-condensing
Dimensions: 3.3” x 4.6” x 1.9” (8.3 cm x 11.6 cm x 4.7 cm)
Weight: 7.6 oz (215 g)
Connector: SC, multimode
FTA420 - Multimode LED
FTA430 - Singlemode laser
FTA440 - 850 nm Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL);
1310 nm FP laser
FTA420 - 850 nm and 1300 nm
FTA430 - 1310 nm and 1550 nm
FTA 440 - 850nm and 1310 nm
FTA420 -20 dBm (10 mW), typical (into 62.5/125 mm fiber)
FTA430 and FTA440 -10 dBm
Power output stability (8 hours): ±0.25 dB at 23 °C
Power measurement accuracy: ±0.25 dBm at 23 °C, 45 % RH to 75 % RH, -20
dBm for 850 nm and 1300 nm, -10 dBm for 1550 and 1625 nm
Connector: SC, multimode or singlemode
Detector type: InGaAs
Calibrated wavelengths: 850 nm, 1300 nm, 1310 nm, 1550 and 1625 nm.
Power measurement range: +3 dBm to -50 dBm
Power measurement linearity: ±0.25 dB at 23 °C
Measured in Loopback Mode
FTA420 - 5000 meters of 62.5 um multimode cable
FTA430 - 10000 meters of singlemode cable
FTA440 - 5000 meters of 50.0 um multimode cable
Length measurement accuracy: ±1.5 m plus 2 % of length
Multimode Fiber Test Adapter
Uses LED light sources at 850 nm and 1300 nm wavelenghts