The DSP-FTA410 Fiber Test Adapter lets you use a DSP-4000 Cable
Analyzer test tool to test and certify fiber optic cable installations. The
fiber test adapter includes the following features:
- Autotest function measures optical power loss (at 850 nm and 1300 nm) and
length on dual-fiber multimode links. Provides pass/fail results based on
common fiber test standards.
- Includes built-in support for SFF (Small Form Factor) link testing.
- With a separate laser source (such as the Fluke LS-1310/1550 Laser
Source), you can test singlemode fiber at 1310 nm and 1550 nm.
- Monitors power at 850 nm, 1300 nm, 1310 nm, and 1550 nm from optical
sources, such as test equipment and optical interface cards.
- Transmits or receives 850 nm or 1300 nm light for performing quick
- Graphic Help screens show you how to make proper fiber connections.
- FindFiber™ feature helps you verify optical connectivity.
- Allows two-way voice communication over the fiber under test (using two
DSP-FTA410 units and the headsets supplied with the DSP-4000 test tool).
- Saves fiber test results for printing or uploading to a PC.
Power supply: ±6 V supplied by the DSP-4000 test
Temperature range: Operating: 0 ºC to +40 ºC; Storage: -10 ºC to +60
Warm-up time: 5 minutes
Humidity range: Operating: 0 % to 75 % RH,
Storage: 0 % to 95 % RH, non-condensing
Dimensions: 3.3” x
4.6” x 1.9” (8.3 cm x 11.6 cm x 4.7 cm)
Weight: 7.6 oz (215
Emitter type: LED
Wavelengths: 850 nm and 1300 nm
output at 850 nm and 1300 nm: -20 dBm (10 mW), typical
(into 62.5/125 mm
Power output stability (8 hours) at 850 nm and 1300 nm: ±0.25 dB at 23
Power measurement accuracy: ±0.25
dBm at 23 °C, 45 % RH to 75 % RH, -20
dBm for 850 nm and 1300 nm, -10 dBm for
Connector: SC, multimode or singlemode
Calibrated wavelengths: 850 nm, 1300 nm, 1310 nm, and 1550
Measurement range: 0 dBm to -40 dBm
Power measurement linearity: ±0.25
dB at 23 °C
Length measurement accuracy: ±1.5 m plus 2 % of