Siecor Corning MiniMass C752 Fusion Splicer
The MiniMass Fusion Splicer is used for reliable, low-loss joining of optical
fibers. It is designed for all commonly used single-mode and multimode fibers
with a standard glass diameter of 125 µm. Both single fibers and fiber ribbons
with up to 12 fibers can be processed.
Fully automatic positioning of fibers in the Z axis using
L-PAS ensures uniformly good splicing results regardless of the
L-PAS video Image Evalution:
The L-PAS (Lens Profile
Aignment System) employs two CCD cameras to detect the position of the fiber
ends in the X, Y and Z axes with high precision. In addition, the L- PAS
computes splice loss.
- Fiber prerequisites: Glass diameter: 125 µm
- Coating diameter: 250, 500, 900 µm
- Fiber viewing: LCD Monitor
- Magnification: Approx. 25
- Fiber positioning: Fully automatic in Z axis
- Mean splice loss for identical standard single-mode fibers:
- typ. < 0.08 dB for 12 x ribbon
- typ. < 0.05 dB for single fibers
- Tensile test: Automatic / off
- Number of splice programs:
- 8 for single-mode fibers
- 2 for multimode fibers
- Video output: CCIR output (75W)
- Working temperature: -5°C to 45°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 70°C
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 208 x 185 x 100 mm
- Weight: 2.5 kg
Tektronix TFS3031 Tekranger SingleMode OTDR
TekRanger TFS3031 mini-OTDR (optical time domain reflectometer). The product
features IntelliTraceTM, a new patented technology for unprecedented accuracy
and ease of use in testing fiber optic networks. TekRanger, which replaces the
popular FiberMiniTM, adds an optional disk drive and is the first mini-OTDR with
both singlemode and multimode test capability in one instrument.
"The accelerating deployment of broadband networks is driving a need for
rugged test tools that are smaller, faster, and more intelligent," said Ken
Ditto, TekRanger product manager at Tektronix. "TekRanger answers this need in
data, cable TV and telephony applications."
IntelliTrace Includes Enhanced
Acquisition and Display
IntelliTrace provides complete and accurate results by adjusting acquisition
parameters, such as pulse width and number of averages, as it automatically
analyzes a fiber link. As a result, it more accurately measures small and
closely spaced events, even over long distances. Near-in events are also
captured because of TekRanger's superior dead zone performance, allowing
one-button testing from five meters to more than 100 km.
IntelliTrace features enhanced display of acquired data, with events such as
splices and excessive bends in the cable automatically marked and viewable in
table format simultaneously with the waveform. Operators can customize the event
table, add comments, and eliminate or add events.
TekRanger also features a range of user language options, including English,
Chinese, Japanese, French, Portuguese, Spanish and German.
TekRanger is the first mini-OTDR to offer the capability to test both
singlemode and multimode fiber with the same instrument. The unique two port
design, which allows users to test multimode and singlemode fiber without having
to change modules, makes the TekRanger very durable.
Designed for Optimal Performance in the Field
Like its predecessor, the TekRanger mini-OTDR is rugged, splash-proof and
shock-resistant. It weighs only nine pounds (4.2 kg) and measures 11.25 in. x
9.5 in. x 4 in. (29.2 cm x 24.1 cm x 11.4 cm). TekRanger operates using an
internal, eight-hour NiCAD battery or standard "C"-size alkaline batteries. An
enhanced power management system includes a battery level indicator, low-battery
warning and the ability to be recharged from a vehicle.
The large, high-resolution 640 x 480 backlit display, makes waveforms and
tables easy to read, even under difficult lighting conditions. Users can easily
store up to 200 waveforms in the expanded internal memory, or use the optional,
integrated disk drive for waveform documentation and archiving. The disk drive
also allows software upgrades, enabling TekRanger to meet evolving customer
Features & Benefits
- One-button Fully Automatic IntelliTrace Fiber Analysis
- Singlemode Distance and Loss Measurements Traceable to NIST
- Large, Backlit, High-resolution Display
- Keyboard Port and Optional Mini-keyboard
- RS-232 and Parallel Ports for Printing and PC Access
- Shock, Water and Dust Resistant
- Auto Echo Detection
- Selectable Splice Loss and Reflectance Thresholds
- Files are Compatible with FiberMaster™ OTDR, TARGET1™, PC
- Context Sensitive Help
- Installation and Acceptance Testing of Fiber Optic Networks
- Fiber Optic System Maintenance Testing
- Locating Optical Cable Faults During Restoration
- Optical System Documentation
- Readout Resolution: 25 cm minimum.
- Loss threshold: 0.02 dB.
- Loss resolution: 0.001 dB.
- Distance Measurements: Meters, feet, miles.
- OTDR Distance Range Settings: Singlemode: 1 to 240 km.
- Distance Resolution (IntelliTrace™): 1.25 m to 40 m.
- Hardware Scale Accuracy: *3 -
- Horizontal Time Base: ±1.25 m ±1.25 m ± 10-5 x distance.
- Vertical Linearity: 0.02 dB/dB.
- System Measurement Accuracy: *4 -
- Distance: ±4 m.
- Loss: ±0.01 dB.
- Reflectance Accuracy: Exceeds Bellcore GR-196-CORE*2.
- Measurement Time (Auto): Less than 3 minutes (20 dB loss).
- Dead Zone*2:Singlemode/ Loss: 5m, Loss Measurement: 15m
- Display: High resolution 640 x 480; 7.2 in., high contrast; operator
- Selectable Pulse Widths: 1 m, 5 m, 10 m, 20 m, 50 m, 100 m, 200 m, 500 m,
1000 m, 2000 m.
- Memory Capacity:100 traces in internal memory (typical).
- 3.5 in. floppy disk drive (optional).
- Output Ports: RS-232 serial; Centronics parallel printer, mini-DIN
- Power Options: AC (100 to 240 V, 50 to 60 Hz). DC Operation: 9 to 16 VDC.
- Internal NiCad rechargeable battery (4 hours of operation depending on
- Laser Safety: Class 1 per 21 CFR 1040, Class 1 per CEI/IEC 825-1: 1993,
- Options 3T, 4T and 7T are Class 1,
- Option 6T is Class 2, Environmental (without internal disk drive)
- Temperature Range: Operating: -10 °C to +40 °C, Nonoperating: -20 °C to
- Storage Temperature - -20 °C to +60 °C.
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% (noncondensing).
- Field Usage*2: Shock, water and dust resistant, Shock*2 - 30 in. drop.,
Safety - UL 3111-1, CSA 1010.1,
- Physical Characteristics:11.5in (W) x 4.5 (H) x 9.5in (D)