The Validator NT900 Certifier uses Speed and Performance criteria to test and
certify Ethernet network cables against IEEE802.3 specifications up to 1
Gigabit. It also tests critical noise and delay (Skew) measurements to assure
that the respective cable runs will perform to their maximum capability.
Breakthrough technology has made Speed and Performance Certification possible.
It is the most up to date way of seeing the physical condition of the wiring and
how a specific cable run will handle data flow on Ethernet speeds, 10 Megabit,
100 Megabit and Gigabit.
In addition to its state of the art 21st Century cable certification
technology, Validator boasts a full selection of active network features
designed to report cable performance and verify connectivity to network devices.
These features include the ability to negotiate with network components and
discover both the speed and configuration of connected equipment.
- Conducts Bit Error Rate (BER) testing to speed certify Ethernet data
transmission speed up to 1000BASE-T (1 Gb/s)
- Measures Signal-to-Noise Ratio and Skew to uncover impairments to Ethernet
- Tests for opens, shorts, split pairs, miswires, and reversals and measures
distance to opens and shorts—supports all network, telco, and coax cables
- Identifies cable termination on active Ethernet ports with hub flash
- Performs port discovery to detect advertised Ethernet speed and displays
capabilities of network devices (Validator-NT)
- Pings network devices to verify connectivity to active equipment
- Includes Plan-Um® software to create network layout, document cable tests,
show network topology, and record moves, adds, and changes
- Verify proper operation of Ethernet cable runs
- Certify speed capability of cable runs to support 10/100/1000 Mb/s
- Ensure configuration of and connectivity with active network
- Document network topology including moves, adds, and changes