2310 Field Services Module
The JDSU FST-2310 TestPad is an all-in-one testing solution that performs SONET, SDH, T-carrier, data, and circuit-switched testing to meet the varied testing requirements of mobile technicians. Its modular architecture protects long-term investment by providing the flexibility, scalability, and upgradeability to support evolving test needs. Most tests performed using the FST-2310 can be done in only a few button pushes, without the need to sift through hidden setup menus. Additionally, because technicians need only minimal training to use the FST-2310, testing objectives are addressed quickly and the cost of ownership is significantly reduced.
Test application buttons are labeled with icons that clearly depict the way the test is performed on the circuit; for example, select the “MON/THRU” icon when performing circuit-monitoring tests – select the “TERM” icon when performing circuit-terminating tests. The icons and quick setup buttons enable technicians to use the module effectively with very little training.
Simultaneous results analysis for different signal rates
Identify the source of problems quickly by using the FST-2310’s dual results window to analyze results from different signal rates simultaneously. Simultaneous results analysis can also be performed on different signal results (for example, level and bit errors) allowing for easy results correlation and quick problem identification.
Support for autoconfiguration is provided for all key applications. Autoconfiguration is capable of setting different test parameters, such as framing and pattern, as well as detecting the signal’s multiplexed composition. This enables users to reduce the time required for test setup.Additionally, the FST-2310 has the ability to save and store up to 10 test set configurations that can be recalled for future use.
Remotely configure tests and analyze results in detail using the remote control GUI option. This allows technicians to conveniently operate the module from a remote location using the FST-2310’s graphical user interface (GUI) on a remote PC. The remote control GUI feature enables technicians to connect to the FST-2310 through the PCMCIA serial or modem card to perform tests and collect test results.
- SONET Analysis
- SDH Analysis
- DS3 Analysis
- DS1 Analysis
- DS1/DS3 Jitter analysis
- ATM Analysis
- GR-303 Protocol Link Analysis
- ISDN PRI Testing
- Signaling Analysis
- Loop-Back Applications
FST-2000 TestPad Mainframe
The FST-2000 TestPad is the user interface for the TestPad family. The combination of a user interface and an application module represents a complete test tool. This architecture provides TestPad users with the flexibility to invest in additional test modules as their testing needs change, allowing them to capitalize on an investment already made.
The FST-2000 has been designed for mobile technicians to improve the overall installation and troubleshooting process by providing features that are enablers for a total process improvement solution. The FST-2000 employs wireless connectivity, along with a local Web Browser and VT100, allows for storage and transfer of files, all of which enable field technicians to complete their jobs more effectively.
- Remote control via Web Browser makes remote testing and technical support straightforward
- Web Browser and VT100 emulator provide access to provisioning systems, while
- Web Browser also allows for retrieval of information from the Intranet/Internet
- Support of Bluetooth, RS-232, USB-compatible and 10/100BaseT interfaces provide a choice of local connectivity to the TestPad
- Support of Ethernet, 802.11b, analog and wireless modems (CDPD, CDMA, etc.) allow for various LAN and WAN connectivity options
- Customizable and preconfigured test scripts offer support for closeout tests, ensuring that M&Ps are followed
- Storage and transfer of results provide ability to store files on the test set and transfer them to computers and other network locations via file transfer protocol (FTP)
- Non-display version offers a lower cost solution for customers that want to rely on laptop’s display for test configuration and retrieval of results
For full JDSU FST-2000 FST-2310 product specifications, please click here: JDSU FST-2000 FST-2310