Take testing to the next level with a single platform for new and legacy requirements
The FIREBERD 8000 combines the success of two highly successful test platforms - the FIREBERD 6000A and the TestPad. As a datacom analysis module for the TestPad, the portable, battery-powered FIREBERD 8000 completes a winning combination in size, flexibility, and test capability.
- Easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI) maximizes navigation ability and test efficiency.
- Native datacom interfaces for EIA-530, RS-449 (422 and 423), RS-232, X.21, V.35, and V.36 serial interfaces.
- Government standards support for MIL-188C and MIL-188-114.
- Field-friendly interface module slot supports conditioned diphase module and expandability to new technologies.
- Synchronous/asynchronous and DTE/DCE modes of operation.
- A full suite of BER patterns with data rate support up to 18 Mbps.
- Verify end-to-end connectivity - Isolate problems to a specific direction by analyzing the performance of an entire digital link in both directions.
- Timing analysis - Detect timing problems stemming from propagation delay or incorrectly timed network elements.
- DTE and DCE emulation - Test head-to-head with a variety of synchronous and asynchronous datacom network elements.
- Quality of Service (QoS) Testing - Standardize test metrics with a variety of results measurements, including Round Trip Delay, G.821, and Pattern Slips analysis.
- Internal, recovered, and external clock capability.
- Clock recovery option enables clock recovery from receive data lead.
- Virtual breakout box provides a visual representation of activity on data, clock, and signal leads.
- Remote operation and results storage.
- Normal, inverted, or auto clock edge selections.
- In-band and out-of-band flow control.
?Virtual Breakout Box? Functionality
Easy-to-interpret LEDs on the FB-8000 provide technicians with information regarding the state of the signaling and data leads of the circuit under test, much like a breakout box. In addition, user-controllable signaling leads (CTS, RTS, RLSD, DTR, DSR, RI, TM, RL, and LL) are available. The combination of LEDs and signal lead manipulation allows for complete flow control troubleshooting.
Test Interface Modularity
Like its predecessors, the FB-8000 includes a field-upgradable module slot to support conditioned diphase and future technologies. Therefore, technicians can purchase datacom and conditioned diphase test functionality and enjoy the flexibility of field upgrading the FB-8000 with new JDSU option slot test modules easily and efficiently.
Remote Operation and Results Storage
Removable storage media can be connected through a PC card interface on the FB-8000, facilitating the storage of test results for external reporting and analysis. Results can also be configured to print at the end of a test, periodically during the test, or at any occurrence of an error. Customized printouts are also available showing only the specified results, allowing for quick detection of hard-to-find bit error rate (BER) problems and easy interpretation of test results.
In keeping with the portable requirements of today?s technicians, the FB-8000 can be battery operated to maximize its portability, particularly in environments where AC power is unavailable or unreliable.
The FB-8000 was built with ruggedness in mind. The platform meets all of the key MIL-PRF 28800 F standards for operation and storage in harsh environments.
The FIREBERD 8000 includes all of the common BER patterns, including the patterns found in the JDSU FIREBERD 6000A and T-BERD product lines. This enables the FB-8000 to run an end-to-end test in conjunction with a FB-6000A, FB-6000, FB-60000M, MC-6000, or FB-4000.
Internal, External, and Recovered Clock Capabilities
The FB-8000 provides the same timing options as the legacy FB-6000: internal, external, interface, and recovered. In balanced V.11 modes, the FB-8000 supports synchronous clocking up to 18 Mb/s. The recovered clocking option also allows the FB-8000 to extract clocking from the receiver data signals up to 10 Mb/s.
Clock and Data Phase Graphing
At high bit rates, processing and propagation delays as well as lengthy cables may result in clock-to-data skew as data signals pass through the various equipment in the network. These delays can lead to clock inversions, difficulty in synchronization, and eventually errors in the data transfer. The clock and data phase graphing feature of the FB-8000 provides a visual indication of the clock versus data phase relationship, providing quick insight into problems without requiring an oscilloscope.
Broken Lead Detection
Some digital circuits will continue to operate correctly when one lead of a balanced (differential) circuit is broken. In these cases, the signal ground lead becomes the return current path, causing reduced fidelity. The broken lead detection feature of the FB-8000 allows technicians to detect broken incoming leads for DTE and DCE modes, eliminating the need for a breakout box to verify lead connectivity on the datacom circuit.
For full JDSU Fireberd 8000 product specifications, please click here: JDSU Fireberd 8000